USF Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1959 to serve the financial needs of the staff and faculty at the University of South Florida. It became a Federal Credit Union, regulated and insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) in 1985. The field of membership expanded to include students in 1990. The Credit Union was located in various University-provided locations until 1972, when the State of Florida leased land to USF Federal Credit Union to build a permanent facility of approximately 3,000 square feet. The main office enlarged in 1981, 1985, and 1997, bringing the total office space to 24,000 square feet. Today USF Federal Credit Union has over 38,000 members with assets of over $445,000,000.
Our Credit Union is a financial institution owned and controlled by Members for their benefit that:
- Delivers superior service in a friendly and courteous manner with respect for the worth and dignity of all its members
- Promotes thrift and the cooperative ideals of the credit union philosophy
- Offers loans and deposit accounts at competitive rates and high quality financial services at fair prices for users of those services
- Maintains long-term financial stability to insure security of member deposits
- Is a responsible member of the University community
Board of Directors
Click here to view USF Federal Credit Unionís Board of Directors
Click here to view USF Federal Credit Unionís Management Team
Click here to view USF Federal Credit Unionís Supervisory Committee
The Charitable and Relief Engagement (CARE) Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors of USF Federal Credit Union (USF FCU). Its primary purpose is to facilitate USF FCU’s implementation of the fundamental credit union philosophy of “members helping members” and of involvement with community needs.
Click here to view USF Federal Credit Union’s CARE Committee.
The primary role of SAFE will be to serve as a liaison between the USF FCU Board of Directors/Management and the USF student population.